In particular, the word is the 15th letter in the Greek alphabet which, when transcribed into English, would be the vowel “o”.
The word omicron itself is translated from Greek as “o micron”, which is in contrast to Omega, the last letter of the alphabet, means lowercase.
In the past week, Omicron became known worldwide as the name for the latest variant of Covid.
The strain was originally named B. 1.1.529 and reported for the first time from South Africa on Wednesday.
Related titles :
– What does the Greek letter omicron mean?
– Omicron Greek meaning: What does the word Omicron mean?
– What does Omicron mean in Greek?
– Omicron Greek Definition: What does Omicron mean in Greek?
– The secret of “Omicron” … is the meaning of the Name of the new mutant