Noted Kannada Dalit poet and activist Siddalingaiah passed away on Friday, June 11, in Bengaluruâ????s Manipal Hospital. He was 67 years old.
Karnataka CM B.S. Yediyurappa expressed condolences on his demise o Twitter and said, « He narrated the pain of Dalits through his writings & awakened them…In his death, we’ve lost great writer with social concern, who strived for upliftment of the depressed classes »
Siddalingaiah was one of Karnatakaâ????s first prominent Dalit poets, and was one of proponents of the Dalit Bandaya literary movements. He was also a playwright, activist and politician, and one of the founders of the Dalit Sangharsh Samithi in Karnataka. He was a Member of Legislative Assembly in 1988, and in 2006, he became the chairperson of the Kannada Development Authority. Siddalingaiah was known as a symbol of Kannada Dalit literature, and was a prominent public intellectual.
(To receive our E-paper on whatsapp daily, please click here. We permit sharing of the paper’s PDF on WhatsApp and other social media platforms.)
– Renowned Kannada Dalit poet and activist Siddalingaiah no more
– Noted Kannada Dalit poet Siddalingaiah passes away
– Kannada writer, Dalit activist Siddalingaiah dies due to COVID-19
– Bengaluru: Noted Dalit poet-activist Dr Siddalingaiah passes away
– Who was Siddalingaiah; noted Kannada poet passes away due to COVID [details]
– Senior Kannada poet Dr. Siddalingaiah succumbs to COVID-19
– Bengaluru | Poet-playwright-activist Dr Siddalingaiah passes away. CM condoles his … – Latest Tweet by ANI
Siddalingaiah,Kannada,Dalit,Bengaluru,B. S. Yediyurappa,Poet,Dalit literature,Siddalingaiah, Kannada, Dalit, Bengaluru, B. S. Yediyurappa, Poet, Dalit literature,,,,,