Giannis Antetokounmpo and Khris Middleton saved the Milwaukee Bucks’ season at the start and at the end of Game 3.
Antetokounmpo barreled into the paint for dunks, and Middleton had his 3-ball going as the pair combined for Milwaukee’s first 30 points and a 21-point lead over the Brooklyn Nets.
But that great start fizzled. It was a three-point game at halftime, and Brooklyn took its first lead of the game near the end of the third quarter.
With their season on the line, the Bucks avoided a disastrous 3-0 hole, beating the Nets 86-83 in Game 3 of their Eastern Conference semifinal on Thursday.
Trailing 83-80, Middleton and Jrue Holiday, who struggled offensively, made back-to-back shots and the Bucks took an 84-83 lead with 11.4 seconds left.
The Nets called timeout but didn’t execute a solid play, and Bruce Brown’s runner didn’t go in. Middletown made two free throws, giving the Bucks an 86-83 lead. Kevin Durant’s 3-point attempt hit the back of the rim as time expired.
Game 4 is Sunday (3 p.m. ET, ABC), and the Bucks have a chance to even the Eastern Conference semifinal series at 2-2.
“We know down the stretch KD is going to have the ball, and we were ready for that.” pic.twitter.com/45QACKDBJM
Antetokounmpo (33 points and 14 rebounds) and Middleton (35 points and 15 rebounds) combined for 68 of Milwaukee’s 86 points. No other Bucks player scored in double figures.
Two of the league’s best offenses struggled, with neither team shooting better than 40% from the field and 25% on 3-pointers.
Durant scored 23 of his 30 points in the second half. Durant also had 11 rebounds, five assists, four steals and one block. Kyrie Irving finished with 22 points, and Brown, who had a playoff career-high 16 points, kept the Nets in the game in the second quarter.
– Nets vs. Bucks score: Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee pick up big win over Brooklyn in Game 3
– Bucks survive Nets in tense Game 3 to cut series deficit to 2-1
– Giannis Antetokounmpo, Khris Middleton lead Bucks to narrow win over Nets in Game 3
– Nets takeaways from Game 3 86-83 loss to Bucks, including a poor three-point shooting performance
– Bucks hold off Nets to claw back in playoff series
– Nets drop Game 3 crusher to Bucks
– Nets lose brickfest Game 3 against Bucks 86-83 on last-second miss by KD
– Bucks 86, Nets 83: Milwaukee cuts series deficit to 2-1 in front of capacity crowd
– Bucks vs Nets Game 3 Scores: Bucks win 86-83 to get back in the series 2-1
– Bucks hold off Nets in closing moments of Game 3 for clutch win
Brooklyn Nets,Milwaukee Bucks,Kevin Durant,Giannis Antetokounmpo,NBA,Eastern Conference,NBA Playoffs,James Harden,Brooklyn Nets, Milwaukee Bucks, Kevin Durant, Giannis Antetokounmpo, NBA, Eastern Conference, NBA Playoffs, James Harden,,,