The Tamil Nadu government on June 11, 2021 extended the COVID-19 lockdown by another week till 6 am on June 21 albeit with fresh relaxations. File
| Photo Credit:
The Tamil Nadu government on Friday extended the COVID-19 lockdown by another week till 6 am on June 21 albeit with fresh relaxations.
In a statement, Chief Minister M.K. Stalin said additional relaxations were being allowed in 27 districts including Chennai. Fewer relaxations were offered in 11 districts in Western and Delta region where COVID-19 cases were high.
Barring in Coimbatore, The Nilgiris, Tiruppur, Erode, Salem, Karur, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Nagapattinam, Mayiladuthurai, the following activities would be permitted from the morning of June 14.
Beauty parlours, salons, spas are allowed to open between 6 am and 5 pm but only with 50% of customers at a time. State-run liquor outlets aka TASMAC would remain open between 10 am and 5 pm.
Service centres to repair mixies, grinders, televisions and other home appliances could function between 9 am and 2 pm.
Parks managed by government agencies and local bodies would be allowed to remain open between 6 am and 9 pm.
Service agencies relating to agriculture and plumbing would be allowed between 9 am and 5 pm.
Optical shops can open between 9 am and 2 pm. Handicraft shops can open between 6 am and 5 pm.
Continuous process industries and those involved in manufacturing essential commodities would be allowed to operate with 50% staff.
Only 33% staff would be allowed in other industries. “Workers of industries would be allowed to commute to work even on two-wheelers but with e-registration. Earlier, they were allowed only on four-wheelers.”
As for IT/ITES sectors, a maximum of 20% staff or a maximum of 10 persons would be allowed to come to office.
Shops have to ensure that customers are provided with hand sanitisers and they are subjected to thermal screening.
As for the 11 districts (Coimbatore, The Nilgiris, Tiruppur, Erode, Salem, Karur, Namakkal, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Nagapattinam, Mayiladuthurai), the CM has announced a few relaxations.
Housekeeping would be allowed in service sectors and to house and flats but with e-registration. Electricians, plumbers, motor technicians would be allowed between 9 am and 6 pm.
The little black goat hungrily suckled from the feeding bottle Muthammal held to its mouth. Ms. Muthammal had just bought half a litre of milk from
– Coronavirus | Tamil Nadu extends lockdown till June 21 morning
– Coronavirus in India LIVE Updates: Tamil Nadu extends lockdown till June 21 with set of relaxations
– Tamil Nadu Lockdown Extended Till June 21 With More Relaxations | Check Latest Guidelines Here
– Tamil Nadu extends lockdown till 21 June with relaxations. Here's what's allowed, what's not
– Tamil Nadu lockdown extended till June 21; Tasmac shops to open from 10 am to 5 pm
– Tamil Nadu lockdown extended with more relaxations in 27 districts; Tasmac liquor shops and salons to open
– Tamil Nadu Covid-19 Lockdown: Curbs till June 21, Liquor Shops Open in 27 Districts
– Tamil Nadu lockdown extended till June 21, Tasmac shops allowed to open from 10 am to 5pm in some districts
– Tamil Nadu extends lockdown till June 21; relaxations in 27 districts including Chennai
– Lockdown in TN extended till June 21; Tasmac shops, saloons to open in 27 districts soon
Tamil Nadu,Lockdown,M. K. Stalin,Chennai,NEET,Tamil Nadu, Lockdown, M. K. Stalin, Chennai, NEET,,Coronavirus,lockdown,lockdown extension,single-day spike,Covaxin,covid-19 vaccine,dexamethasone,health ministry,ICMR,Indian Council for Medical Research,coronavirus vaccine,steroid,risk of deaths,coronavirus cases,covid test,coronavirus tests,testing facilities,covid treatment,PPE,personal protective equipment,coronavirus detection,covid-19,SARS-CoV-2 virus,SARS-CoV-2,coronavirus lockdown,countrywide lockdown,lockdown,quarantine rules,institutional quarantine,home quarantine,international travellers,essential services,essential goods,COVID-19,World Health Organization,WHO,digital infrared thermometers,digital thermal scanners,masks,gloves,sanitisers personal protective gear,hydroxychloroquine,diagnostic kits,drugs,vaccines,clinical signs,fever,fatigue,travel advisory,precautionary measures,severe acute respiratory syndrome,SARS,coronavirus treatment,coronavirus symptoms,law enforcement,coronavirus testing kits,active cases,total cases,respiratory illnesses,contact tracing,Tamil Nadu extends lockdown,TN government extends lockdown till June 21,TN govt extends till June 21,