Trading at both BSE and NSE will remain closed on Thursday on account of Eid-ul-Fitr. Trading in equity, equity derivative and SLB Segment and at commodities and currency derivative segment will remain closed for a day, according to the official website of the BSE.
After Thursday, the stock markets will remain closed on July 21, 2021 on account of Bakri Id. The next stock market holiday will fall on August 19, 2021 for Muharram.
Last month, the markets were closed thrice — on April 2, April 14 and April 21 — on account of Good Friday, Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar Jayanti and Ram Navmi respectively.
Amid inflation fears globally, Nifty was down 154.30 points or 1.04 per cent at 14696 in closing session while Sensex was down by 471 points or 0.96 per cent lower at 48,691 on Wednesday.
PSU Bank index, which rose by 3.2 per cent, was the main gainer, while Bank, Metal and energy indices were the main losers. IndusInd Bank and ICICI Bank traded lower by 3.4 per cent and 2.4 per cent respectively and the other prominent losers were Bharat Petroleum Corporation, Hindustan Unilver, SBI Life, Grasim and ONGC, according to news agency ANI.
– BSE, NSE to remain closed today on account of Eid-ul-Fitr
– BSE, NSE closed today on account of Id-Ul-Fitr
– Stock Market Holiday: BSE, NSE to remain closed today on account of Id-Ul-Fitr
– NSE, BSE shut today on account of Id-Ul-Fitr
– Indian share, commodity and currency markets closed on account of Eid-Ul-Fitr
– Markets closed today on account of Eid-ul-Fitr 2021
– BSE, NSE shut today on account of Ramzan Id
– Sensex, Nifty Closed For Trading Due To Id-Ul-Fitr
– Stock market holiday: BSE, NSE to remain closed today on account of Eid-Ul-Fitr
– BSE, NSE shut on account of Ramzan Id