Metropolis remained in grip of heatwave since Sunday due to suspension of winds as a result of Tauktae Cyclone
After bearing intense heat for the last three days, gusty winds with light rain hit different parts of Karachi on Tuesday.
As blistering winds pummeled the coastal city of Karachi, eyewitnesses capture the horrifying moment glass peels off a high-rise building.
Click here to read our complete story:https://t.co/5qtRscGIDp#etribune #karachi #viralvideo pic.twitter.com/WH2uY1s4xy
The port city remained in grip of heatwave since last Sunday due to the suspension of winds as a result of Tauktae Cyclone in the Arabian Sea remained more intense on Monday.
According to the Pakistan Meteorological Department (PMD), mercury shot up to 43.5 degrees Celsius at its highest on Monday. The lowest temperature was recorded at 32.5 degrees in the morning which exceeded 39 degrees Celsius only by 11am.
However, dark clouds with strong winds covered parts of the metropolis followed by light to moderate rain which occurred in different parts of the metropolis.
The Met office said that heavy rain occurred in the areas adjoining the Northern Bypass while other areas including Gulshan-e-Iqbal received light rain.
A powerful dust storm accompanied by rain hit the coastal city of Karachi breaking a two-day heat wave.#etribune #heatwave #karachi #duststorm pic.twitter.com/Jo2Z34PzuX
According to the met office, dust/thunderstorm rain accompanied with gusty winds of 30-50kmph may occur in Tharparkar and Umerkot districts of the Sindh during the next 12 hours.
Cyclone Tauktae – which has intensified into a “very severe cyclonic storm” – drifted further northwestward on Sunday and slammed into India’s west coast was set to weaken on Tuesday.
Comments are moderated and generally will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten,
redistributed or derived from. Unless otherwise stated, all content is
copyrighted © 2021 The Express Tribune.
– Gusty winds with light rain lash parts of Karachi
– Karachi weather: 3 dead as dust storms, rain hit city
– Video: Pakistan building bears Cyclone Tauktae impact, part of facade falls off
– Dust storm leaves 4 dead in Karachi
– Four dead, several injured as massive dust storm hits Karachi under cyclone Tauktae
– Gusty winds, rain hit parts of Karachi after severe heat spell
– Two children killed in Karachi dust storm-related incidents
– Karachi's temperature touches 40 degrees, hot and dry weather continues
– Dust storm kills four in Karachi; Sindh receives moderate rain
– Karachi weather changes as dust storm hits various parts of the city
Pakistan,Cyclone,Karachi,Tropical cyclone,Sindh,Pakistan, Cyclone, Karachi, Tropical cyclone, Sindh,,Karachi,Latest,Dust Storm,