India on Sunday reported a one-day rise of 4,092 Covid-19 deaths as cases surged by more than 4 lakh for the fourth consecutive day. India’s health ministry registered 4,092 fatalities over the past 24 hours, taking the overall death toll to 2,42,362.
The Covid-19 cases rose by 4,03,738 for the third consecutive day, increasing the pandemic’s total to 2,22,96,414. India on Saturday saw 4,01,078 new Covid-19 cases and 4.14 lakh on Friday.
A total of 3,86,444 Covid-19 patients were discharged in the past 24 hours, as per the Union health ministry. So far, 1,83,17,404 people have recovered from the disease, while 16,94,39,663 persons have been vaccinated in the country against the Covid-19 infection.
The top five states that have registered the maximum cases over the past 24 hours are Maharashtra with 56,578 cases, followed by Karnataka with 47,563 cases, Kerala with 41,971 cases, Tamil Nadu with 27,397 cases and Uttar Pradesh with 26,636 cases.
Of the new Covid-19 cases reported in the past 24 hours, 49.58 per cent have been reported from these five states, with Maharashtra alone responsible for 14.01 per cent of the new cases.
A total of 4,092 deaths were reported in the country in the last 24 hours. The maximum fatalities were reported in Maharashtra (864), followed by Karnataka with 482 daily deaths.
My family member goes out to work every day during Covid 2.0. What should I do?
Won’t let anyone die due to oxygen shortage if we get 700 MT of oxygen daily: Kejriwal
– India posts over 4.03 lakh cases for 4th consecutive day, 4092 deaths
– 10 States Account For Over 71% Of New COVID-19 Cases: Centre
– 'London to Delhi' cycle raises cash for India's COVID crisis
– What steps must be taken to secure oxygen – for Covid-19 patients and into the future
– India posts record daily COVID-19 deaths, delegates test positive at G7 meet
– 12 Reasons: Why COVID-19 Second Wave is a Man-Made Disaster
– More international aid lands in India as death toll hits record
– India's COVID-19 tally crosses 19 mln, with over 400000 daily cases
– 'London to Delhi' bikeathon raises cash for India's Covid crisis
– India's coronavirus death toll hits new record