Li Jingliang and Santiago Ponzinibbio faced off in a Welterweight clash tonight (Sat., Jan. 16, 2021) at UFC Fight Island 7 from “Fight Island” in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates.
Ponzinibbio began the fight with a low kick. Jingliang connected on a solid left hook counter. “The Leech” landed well with his left hand, controlling distance early in the fight. Hard low kick scored for Ponzinibbio. Jingliang landed a couple kicks. Good jab and low kick from the Argentinian. Jingliang found an overhand connection then scored with a couple clean low kicks. Ponzinibbio returned the favor by digging to the thigh. Stiff jab landed by Ponzinibbio, but Jingliang fired back with a cross-hook that absolutely sent his opponent to sleep.
WOW! Jingliang really showed some improvement in this performance, managing distance well before catching his opponent with a gigantic left hook straight to the chin.
– UFC Fight Island 7 results: Li Jingliang melts Santiago Ponzinibbio with massive left hook
– Santiago Ponzinibbio pays tribute to Maradona at UFC
– Argentine Santiago Ponzinibbio returns to the UFC after two years of inactivity that left him on the brink of retirement …
– UFC: Diego Maradona face-off tribute paid by Argentine Santiago Ponzinibbio and Chinese opponent Li Jingliang
– Video: UFC Abu Dhabi kicks off with a tribute to Maradona
– Argentina's Santiago Ponzinibbio pays tribute to Diego Maradona at UFC on ABC 1 weigh-ins
– UFC Fight Island 7 Preview: Santiago Ponzinibbio – Jingliang Li
– Santiago Ponzinibbio Pays Tribute To Argentine Football Legend Diego Maradona At UFC Fight Island 7 Face-offs
– UFC Fight Island 7's Santiago Ponzinibbio: From Fighting, to Fighting for His Life
– For Diego: UFC star Santiago Ponzinibbio pays tribute to football legend Maradona at Fight Island weigh-ins (VIDEO)