Published: 22:13 BST, 9 May 2021 | Updated: 22:30 BST, 9 May 2021
PSG’s season is on the verge of collapsing after Mauricio Pochettino’s men were held to a 1-1 draw by Rennes.
A first-half penalty from Neymar deep in stoppage time was not enough as the hosts levelled in the 70th minute through striker Serhou Guirassy.
The result means PSG are now three points behind Ligue 1 leaders Lille with two games to go.
PSG’s Ligue 1 title hopes have faded after they drew 1-1 away at Rennes on Sunday
In the 70th minute PSG were stunned as Rennes drew level thanks to Serhou Guirassy (No 9)
Rennes (4-4-2): Gomis; Traore (Soppy 90 3), Da Silva, Aguerd, Maouassa (Dalbert 78); Bourigeaud, Ugochukwu (Grenier 61), Tait, Doku; Terrier (Diouf 79), Guirassy (Del Castillo 88)
PSG (4-3-3): Navas; Kurzawa (Diallo 55), Kimpembe, Marquinhos, Dagba (Florenzi 80); Draxler (Icardi 80), Pereira, Herrera (Gueye 70); Neymar, Kean, Di Maria (Rafinha 69)
It caps off a nightmare week after Pochettino’s side were out-classed and eliminated from the Champions League by Manchester City on Tuesday.
The result means PSG, who finished with 10 men after Presnel Kimpembe was sent off in the 87th minute, are on 76 points.
Lille, on 79 after thrashing neighbours RC Lens 3-0 away on Friday, need four points from their last two matches against mid-table St Etienne and Angers to guarantee their first Ligue 1 title since 2011.
Monaco are third on 74 points after beating Stade de Reims 1-0 away earlier on Sunday, one point ahead of fourth-placed Olympique Lyonnais.
Share what you think
The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline.
We will automatically post your comment and a link to the news story to your Facebook timeline at the same time it is posted on MailOnline. To do this we will link your MailOnline account with your Facebook account. We’ll ask you to confirm this for your first post to Facebook.
– Rennes 1-1 PSG: Hosts cancel out Neymar's first-half penalty and Presnel Kimpembe is sent off
– PSG losing grip on title after draw at Rennes, Monaco wins
– Neymar on target but PSG draw leaves Lille closer to Ligue 1 title
– PSG title chances dented by draw at Rennes
– PSG title chances dented by 1-1 draw at Rennes
– Forget Champions League misery, says PSG boss Pochettino ahead of Rennes clash
– Ligue 1 news – Paris Saint-Germain lose ground on Lille at top of table with draw at Rennes
– Kimpembe sees red as PSG's title hopes suffer big blow
– Barcelona 'feel USED by Neymar' after signing new deal with Paris Saint-Germain until 2025
– PSG held by Rennes – title bid over?