Hardly a game ends with Cristiano Ronaldo not finding the back of the net. Hardly a game ends with the Juventus superstar not entering his name in history books. Dubbed as the most complete player in the modern era of the beautiful game, goal machine Ronaldo once again etched his name into the record books during Juventus’ Serie A match against minnows US Sassuolo Calcio at the Mapei Stadium aka the Citta del Tricolore on Thursday.
Unlocking another achievement in his iconic club career on matchday 35 of the ongoing Italian Serie A, the milestone man from Madeira became the first player to score 100 goals for three different clubs in three different countries. Ronaldo scored his 100th goal for the Old Lady in their gritty 3-1 win over Sassuolo at the Citta del Tricolore. After Adrien Rabiot slotted home the opener in the free-scoring game for the Bianconeri, Ronaldo opened his account moments before the end of the first half in the 45th minute.
Ronaldo was calm and cool with his finish as the Portuguese striker scored from the edge of the area to script history. Ronaldo had also 100-plus strikes under his name for La Liga giants Real Madrid and Premier League heavyweights Manchester United. Ronaldo’s 100th strike for Juventus makes him the first player in the history of the beautiful game to secure a century of goals for three different clubs in three different countries and his national team.
First Cristiano Ronaldo and now Paulo Dybala
goals for Dybala for Juventus
(@ESPNFC) #JuveSassuolo #Dybalapic.twitter.com/EGzzJjPeAh
Talking about the match between Juventus and hosts Sassuolo, Andrea Pirlo’s men registered a crucial 3-1 win in the Italian top flight to keep their UEFA Champions League hopes for the next season intact. While departing goalkeeper and club legend Gianluigi Buffon saved a penalty, striker Paulo Dybala also netted his 100th goal for the Turin giants in their 3-1 win over the Serie A minnows.
In a career spanning more than a decade, Ronaldo scored 118 goals for Manchester United and Portugal captain slotted home as many as 450 strikes for the Los Blancos. The 36-year-old is leading Juventus’ fight in the Serie A almost single-handedly this season. Nicknamed CR7, the Portuguese stalwart is also the fastest player to score 100 goals for Juventus. The five-time UEFA Champions League winner is also the all-time top scorer of Europe’s biggest competition at club level with 134 goals.
Get Indian Premier League news including IPL 2021 Schedule, IPL Points Table 2021 and check for IPL Team rankings, matches won, loss, the net run rate on Times Now
– [VIDEO] Cristiano Ronaldo scripts history with 100th goal for Juventus in 3-1 win over Sassuolo
– Cristiano Ronaldo Reaches Another Milestone, Becomes Fastest Player to Reach 100 Juventus Goals
– Neymar: I want to play with Cristiano Ronaldo
– Ronaldo reaches 100 goals for Juve in vital win at Sassuolo
– Soccer-Ronaldo reaches 100 goals for Juve in vital win at Sassuolo
– Sassuolo 1-3 Juventus: Ronaldo nets 100th goal but visitors remain in fifth despite victory
– Ronaldo and Dybala reach Juventus centuries in crucial win
– Cristiano Ronaldo breaks Juventus record with milestone goal
– Ronaldo and Dybal bring up 100th Juventus goals
– Buffon saves penalty as Juventus win