The great boomer Aron Baynes has agreed to a two-year contract for AU $ 19. 5 million deal with the Toronto Raptors as the NBA Free Agency madness continues.
Baynes joins the Raptors after a season with the Phoenix Suns that averaged 11. 5 points and 5. 6 rebounds in 42 games.
The proud Mareeba product from the far north of Queensland will give Toronto a valuable presence in color after the franchise gave the big names Serge Ibaka and Marc Gasol to the Clippers respectively. Lakers has lost.
Baynes looks forward to an uninterrupted season after a frustrating year in which he tested positive for coronavirus in July.
He was eventually evacuated but endured a month-long struggle during which he was forced to isolate himself from his wife and two children in his family home in Phoenix.
« The first few nights were the scariest for me because it was when I put my family in danger, too, » Baynes told The Athletic.
“When this first test was positive, I was isolated from everyone. I was in the house, but I was isolated in a separate room.
Before the NBA shutdown in early March, Baynes had the best career numbers in Phoenix with an average of 11. 5 points, 5. 6 rebounds and 1. 6 templates.
Meanwhile, former Sydney King and NBL First Team striker Jae’Sean Tate is ready to sign a three-year deal for ex-Kings coach Will Weaver with the Rockets.
And Donovan Mitchell will soon be a maximum contract recipient after negotiating a five-year extension with Utah Jazz that guarantees him $ 163 million ($ 223 million). .
The new payday begins with the 2021-22 season – and could be worth 196 million. USD (268 million. USD) when he reaches the All-NBA level.
« A dream doesn’t come true through magic, it takes sweat, determination, and hard work, » wrote Mitchell on Instagram.
Toronto Raptors, Aron Baynes, Chris Boucher, Marc Gasol, Los Angeles Lakers, Phoenix Suns, Serge Ibaka and Boston Celtics
. . Related title :
– Report: Marc Gasol signs with Lakers
– NBA competitors had a huge hole to fill – this sought-after Aussie star is it Answer
– Report: Lakers sign Marc Gasol, Raptors sign Aron Baynes and Chris Boucher
– Report: Chris Boucher Approves $ 13 2-Year Deal. Raptors 5 million contract
– > Report: Raptors sign Aron Baynes for 2 years Years, $ 14 million contract
– Australian NBA Big Man Aron Baynes receives $ 20 million payday at Toronto Raptors
– > Report: Aron Baynes signs at Raptors, gasoline sign at Lakers, Boucher signs again
– >> Boomer big man Aron Baynes joins Toronto Raptors
– Report: Chris Boucher Agrees Two Years, $ 13. 5M deal with Raptors
– Report: Raptors sign Chris Boucher again for 2 years, $ 13. 5M Deal