Santa waves to the crowd during the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on Jan.. November 2014 in New York City. (Andrew Burton / Getty Images)
LOS ANGELES – Santa Claus will spread joy and happiness this Christmas season – not COVID-19.
According to Dr. . Anthony Fauci, Director of the National Institute for Allergies and Infectious Diseases, Santa Claus is coming to town and thankfully has an « innate immunity » against the novel coronavirus infection.
« Santa is exempted from this because, out of all the good qualities, Santa has a lot of good innate immunity, » Fauci told USA TODAY this week.
The funny news is a relief as kids fear that Old Saint Nick may not be able to safely deliver gifts on Christmas Eve.
Shopping malls struggled to attract shoppers during the COVID-19 pandemic, and Santa Claus is one of the biggest ways to attract people during the holiday shopping season. But this year it will be different.
Children can also rest assured that the North American Aerospace Defense Command has announced that NORAD will be following Santa’s journey in December. 24, just like for 65 years.
According to the Associated Press, however, there will be some changes: As in previous years, not every child can turn to a volunteer in the NORAD call center to check Santa’s whereabouts.
The number of volunteers is drastically reduced from 150 volunteers to less than 10 people per shift.
« We understand that this is a time-honored tradition and we know beyond a doubt that there will be some disappointments, » NORAD spokesman Preston Schlachter told the Associated Press. « But we try to keep it safe for everyone involved. ”
RELATED: Santa Claus Uses Plexiglass Face Masks in US Malls When COVID-19 Cases Soar.
Children have been asked not to sit on the funny man’s knee during his performance, and some malls have asked visitors to stay behind plexiglass while telling Santa what they would like for Christmas.
And Santa, in turn, will likely go to extra lengths to keep the children safe this holiday season by wearing a mask and keeping social distance during his flight around the world.
Santa Claus, Anthony Fauci, Coronavirus, Christmas Day
EbeneMagazine – CA – Fauci says Santa Claus is immune to COVID-19
. . Related title :
– Fauci says Santa is immune against COVID -19
– >> Santa Claus is immune to COVID, but is he safe before the culture war?
– Weekly meanders, 21. November 2020
– Christmas tradition of sitting on Santa&’s knee falls victim to COVID-19
– & # 39; Innate Immunity& # 39; Spread Of COVID
– Santa Claus in an N95 mask?
– Santa Claus is immune to COVID-19, says Dr. . Fauci
– Santa Claus takes COVID-19 seriously when he does his magic Spokane brings this year
– Jolly Surrey Man Helping Santa Claus Zoom In On Virtual Visits This Christmas
– > You missed your visit to Santa Claus for Christmas « You can see him online at the North Pole instead!