A group of seven people died after drinking hand sanitizer at a party in Russia when they ran out of alcohol.
According to local reports, two more are in a coma in an intensive care unit after they have also consumed the antiseptic hand wash.
People have been warned not to drink the antiseptic made in Russia.
A 41-year-old woman, a 27-year-old man and a 59-year-old man were the first three to die before a medical evacuation plane flew six more to Yakutsk, the capital of the region.
Three other men died on Friday, ages 28, 32 and 69. Another death was reported today.
In a statement, the Federal Public Health Guard said: “Nine cases of poisoning with disinfectants have been recorded, including seven fatal ones . ‘
Hand sanitizer, coronavirus
EbeneMagazine – GB – Seven die in Russia after drinking hand sanitizer when the alcohol ran out