Hours before the Tokyo Olympics are officially declared open by Japanese Emperor Naruhito on July 23, Deepika Kumari – one India’s biggest medal hopefuls – will begin her campaign to attain Olympic glory.
The 27-year-old archer is entering the Tokyo Summer Olympic Games as the world no. 1 in the women’s recurve category. Kumari clinched the top spot of the ranking after winning a treble of gold medals at the Paris Archery World Cup Stage 3 last month.
Ranchi-born Kumari had won the gold medal for recurve individual and recurve team categories at the 2010 Commonwealth Games. She had also won a gold medal in the recurve team category at the 2010 Asian Games. Since then, she has bagged a number of medals at the Asian Archery Championships and the World Championships.
In the 2012 London Olympics, Kumari had finished 8th in the women’s individual event and 9th along with Chekrovolu Swuro and Bombayla Devi Laishram in the women’s team event. Four years later at the 2016 Rio Olympics, Kumari finished 20th in the women’s individual event and 7th along with Laishram and Laxmirani Majhi in the women’s team event.
Copyright © e-Eighteen.com Ltd. All rights reserved. Reproduction of news articles, photos, videos or any other content in whole or in part in any form
or medium without express writtern permission of moneycontrol.com is prohibited.
Copyright © e-Eighteen.com Ltd All rights resderved. Reproduction of news articles, photos, videos or any other content in whole or in part in any form or medium without express writtern permission of moneycontrol.com is prohibited.
– Tokyo Olympics: Archer Deepika Kumari, one of India's key medal contenders, set to begin campaign
– Tokyo Olympics: Deepika banking on experience to earn India's first medal in archery
– Tokyo Olympics: India schedule Day 1: Archers Deepika Kumari, Atanu Das in action; where to watch, time in IST
– World No 1 archer Deepika Kumari's journey: From an emaciated 12-year-old to India's Olympic medal prospect
– Form Guide: How have the Indian archers fared in tournaments before the Tokyo Olympics
– Tokyo 2020: List of Indians taking field on July 23 and 24; Archer Deepika Kumari in action on Day 1 of Olympics
– Indian Archery team in action on the 1st day of Tokyo Olympics, check schedule and live telecast details
– India at Tokyo Olympics: First-day first show for Indian Archers Deepika Kumari, Atanu Das on Friday, follow all Live …
– Focus on men's team and Deepika's performance
– Tokyo Olympics, Archery: Deepika, Atanu, Tarundeep, Pravin carry India's hopes
Olympic Games Tokyo 2020,Deepika Kumari,India,Atanu Das,Summer Olympic Games,Archery,Tokyo,India Olympic archery team,Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, Deepika Kumari, India, Atanu Das, Summer Olympic Games, Archery, Tokyo, India Olympic archery team,,