A research report by HP has revealed some interesting trends on how gaming has emerged as a career option.
The gaming industry has continued to see an impressive jump in revenue amid the coronavirus pandemic.
A research conducted by HP has revealed some interesting trends among women, school students, and Gen Z on how they see gaming impacting not only their personal lives but also emerging as a viable career option.
According to HP India Gaming Landscape Report 2021, at least 84% of all women respondents said that they want to pursue gaming as a full-time career, followed by 80% of male respondents, besides Gen X (91%) and school-going students (88%).
The following graph shows the preference for gaming as a career in the future across demography:
India’s gaming community is displaying a growing preference for PC gaming, according to a study conducted by HP.
The HP India Gaming Landscape Report 2021 has revealed that 89% respondents believe that a PC offers a better gaming experience than a smartphone.
More importantly, 4 in 10 (37%) mobile gamers indicated that they would migrate to a PC for gaming for a much better experience.
In India, where PC penetration is limited compared to mobile phones, this represents a tremendous growth opportunity for the PC gaming industry.
Respondents highlighted the following attributes as their top reasons for preferring PCs over mobiles for gaming:
Another interesting finding from the report 2021 is the rise of PC gaming as a stress buster and a tool to connect with friends and family, especially during the prevalent challenge of limited social interaction.
Over 92% respondents agreed that gaming helps relieve work/study pressure while reducing stress and inducing positive feelings.
In addition, 91% believe that gaming fosters better peer-level socialising and helps make new friends. Similarly, 91% respondents also believe that gaming boosts attention and concentration levels.
Vickram Bedi, Sr Director, Personal Systems, HP India Market, informed that in recent times, the importance of technology in maintaining social connect and aiding in positive mental health has become paramount. « Gaming has emerged as a wholesome activity that the entire family can participate and connect with friends and family, » he added.
(The Quint is available on Telegram. For handpicked stories every day, subscribe to us on Telegram)
– Women See Gaming As A Viable Career Option: HP Report
– 89% gamers in India prefer PC gaming over mobile gaming: Reveals HP Gaming report
– HP report: 89 percent users believe PCs offer a better gaming experience than smartphones
– PC is India's most favoured way to play games, says HP survey
– More Indian gamers prefer PCs over mobiles now, helps them socialise: Report
– PC emerges as India's most preferred gaming device
– 40% Gamers Ready To Spend Over A Lakh For Gaming Laptop: HP India Gaming Research 2021
– 89% of users believe that PCs offer a better gaming experience than smartphones-Technology News, Firstpost
– 90 per cent respondents consider gaming as a viable career option: Report
– PC gaming gaining traction, women see gaming as viable career option: HP report
India,Personal computer,PC game,Hewlett-Packard,Career,India, Personal computer, PC game, Hewlett-Packard, Career,,